How we collect information about you
When you visit the HangItUp Chicago website or use the HangItUp Chicago Services we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including but not limited to identifier, name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account or use the HangItUp Chicago Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Financial information – the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your HangItUp Chicago account or give us when you use the HangItUp Chicago Services.
When you use the HangItUp Chicago Services, we collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website, application or when using the HangItUp Chicago Services and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our website, application or the HangItUp Chicago Services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of the HangItUp Chicago Services.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US where HangItUp Chicago is located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the HangItUp Chicago Services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve the HangItUp Chicago Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of your personal information
HangItUp Chicago does not sell or exchange any personal information of its customers with any third parties. However, we may release your personal information in the event we are compelled to do so by court order or other requirement of law, or if we, in good faith, believe such release is advisable or necessary. Additionally, it is possible that in the future we may sell our online business. In connection with such a sale, your personal information may be transferred to a third party.